Welcome to one of the Blogathon Challenges for June 2013. For more information on the Blogathon visit http://www.BiannualBlogathonBash.com.
This is one on my favorite things to do! I LOVE events and always have. I think I was self-proclaimed socialite in kindergarten. 😉 Let’s bring your blog to LIFE with LIVE events. Below are a short list of way in which this may be done.
1. Host a movie night in your city through Tugg. www.Tugg.com. If you select a nonprofit to receive a portion of the proceeds this goes over extremely well. They have hundreds of movies and documentary to choose from. Ask for Zach and tell him I sent you. 😉
2. Become an in-kind sponsor of a community event. Offer coverage of their event in exchange for sponsorship. Now make sure you have a relevant or much appreciated offer such as social media coverage before the event, a pre event post, social media coverage during the event and a post event post. If you have questions please post them below.
3. Get yourself noticed by covering events just because. When you do this they then want to know who you are. This can be done very similar to number two above however you do not offer the full package unless you desire.
4. Contact the event host or organizer and ask them if you may cover their event. Now be prepared for the No or Yes that may come with that. After all you have heard them both before. PLEASE make sure that you present yourself very professional.
5. Host a Blogger Meet Up for your city. This can be as informal as you like or as formal as you like however they are fun!
List below three events you would like to cover within the next 90 days.
My three event are as follows:
1. Essence Music Festival
2. NAPW All White Affair
3. BLM ~ REALExperience 1 conference in 5 cities