Welcome to one of the Blogathon Challenges for June 2013. For more information on the Blogathon visit http://www.BiannualBlogathonBash.com.
Is your blog performing the way you desire? Visually appealing and well-polished blogs get more traffic. Blogs which engage the readers once they arrive get more interaction. Let’s see if you have these 13 things.
1. ARCHIVES ~ You need to have a method for people to easily search for past post.
2. BRAND ~ You are your brand & your brand is you. Brand your site & make sure it presents a dynamic inviting image.
3. BUTTONS ~ You need a customize button for you site. Give yourself & your blog a promotion.
4. CATEGORIES ~ You need categories to make you site more user friendly during searches.
5. COLOR SCHEME ~ Color scheme is important. So important. Make sure yours is warm & inviting. FYI ~ Yellow is the most memorable color & all colors have meaning. What are your blog colors saying?
6. CONSISTENCY ~ Are you getting an A+ in consistency? Does your blog flow extremely well? Are all links working?
7. CONTACT US ~ Please tell me people how to contact you whether it be a contact form or direct email.
8. SOCIAL MEDIA ~ Get social with everyone and invite everyone to get social with you.
9. HEADER ~ Look at it as the foyer to your blog home. Make it dynamic when you invite guest in.
10. PERSONALITY ~ Give your blog your personality. It is easier than you think. If you need help feel free to email me. Kimberly@JonAshtonPR.com
11. PROFILE/ABOUT US ~ This is the WHO of who you are. Tell your story & help readers get to know you & your blog.
12. REASON ~ Give the people a reason to come back weekly or even daily. Engage them every time!
13. WELL WRITTEN MATERIAL ~ Please make sure you have well written material. You do not have to be a professional writer or even a writer however proof read & proof read again & then have someone else to proof read. As bloggers we often get caught up in quantity and quick turnaround versus quality and purpose. Ex: 1. One blogger wrote about a someone being a cooker when actually the reference should have been cook or chef. 2. A blogger leaves out a key word in their title. All these errors were caused by the blogger’s internal competition to post rather than purpose for posting. 😉
How many of the 13 do you have in place? Complete at least 2 more this weekend and share what they are below.