Your blog is the first introduction you have to most people and the level of quick uncomplicated must can make the difference in opportunities you are afforded. Seriously, this is so true. As a PR professional first and foremost I can stress enough the below key things your blog should have.
7. ARCHIVES – You need to have a method for people to easily search for past post. When someone wants to know if you have ever written a travel review before there should be some type of system in place where they can search this themselves if they choose too.
6. CATEGORIES – You need clear categories to make you site more user friendly during searches. Ex: Travel, Events, Giveaways etc…
5. CONSISTENCY – Are you getting an A+ in consistency? Does your blog flow extremely well? Are all links working?
4. SOCIAL MEDIA – Get social with everyone and invite everyone to get social with you. Your social media buttons should be in working order and easy to see. Right now the hot social media must haves are Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and Google Plus.
3. CONTACT US – People, especially PR people, should easily know how to quickly contact you without completely a contact form. As convenient as it may be for you I have personally seen many bloggers miss out on opportunities because of a contact. People would much rather send you a direct email. It is just quicker and more personal.
2. ABOUT US – Yes, tell us about you. Let us know who we are interacting with and your multi-passion which drives you. What makes your day and what does your world consist of? We do not need to know your government name and kids social security numbers however a first name is great and how you like to spend time through your persona is grand!
1. THE TWO P’S ~ Purpose and personality are the foundation that readers enjoy. When you combine those two together you have a recipe for success simmering. What is your purpose for the blog? Are you allowing your personality to shine through your words? Engage your audience every time!
1. What is your purpose for your blog?
2. What items do you have in place out of the seven listed?
3. Complete at least one that you do not have.