Atlanta welcomes Ailey with open arms. I have one on one interviews with Mrs.Constance Stamatiou and Mr.Chalvar Monteiro which I am very excited to share with my Keystrokes By Kimberly audience. I have a ticket giveaway as well.
Alvin Ailey Dance Company, or Ailey as it is affectionately called, is near and dear to my heart. Ailey produces and presents some of the most beautiful performances. I cherished the dream of dancing with them after graduation from high school. After dancing dancing with Southern Ballet of Atlanta Dance Company from age seven to eighteen my dream was to go to the Big Apple an audition for THE Alvin Ailey Dance Company. I am convinced this was every serious dancers of color dream. Now they offer so much more to satisfy this dream from classes to camps to community programs and more. Their repertory is nothing short of A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and the company has a rich history. From 1958 to present they have achieved every award imaginable and then some.
When they performed Revelations (the signature production of Alvin Ailey) you come from the cotton fields to soul stirring hope and joy. Baby, Revelation, first produced by Ailey and the Alvin Ailey Dance Theater in New York City on January 31, 1960 is something everyone should experience live in this lifetime.
Ailey American Dance Theater returns to the Fabulous Fox Theatre, Wednesday, February 14th through Sunday, February 18th. As part of a 21-city North American tour, for six breathtaking performances which promise to uplift, unite, and enlighten. Opening on Valentine’s Day, Ailey’s 32 incomparable dancers invite all metro Atlantans and beyond to join in a celebration of love. This will be an inspiring way to spend the evening with those close to your heart. The engagement also includes a Family Matinee program on Saturday, February 17th at 2pm, which features a post-performance Q&A with the dancers. The performances schedule is as follows:
– Wednesday, February 14th at 8pm – A Night To Love
– Thursday, February 15th at 8pm – Opening Night
– Friday, February 16th at 8pm – Martin Luther King 50 Night
– Saturday, February 17th at 2pm – Family Matinee*
– Saturday, February 17th at 8pm
– Sunday, February 18th at 3pm
*Please note each performance offers a different selection from their expansive repertory, including the latest premieres and new productions. All shows close with Mr. Ailey’s historic and inspiring Revelations – the world’s most popular work of modern dance.
– Wednesday, February 14th at 8pm – “A Night To Love”
– Saturday, February 17th at 2pm – Family Matinee. Buy one ticket at full price, get a second ticket at 50% off.
– Student Tickets: $15 each or 2 tickets for $25. Applies to Wednesday, February 14th and Thursday, February 15th performances only.
Limit 2 tickets per valid student ID, 1 ID per person. Box office sales only, while supplies last. Cannot be combined with other offers.
– Groups of 10 or more can save up to 25% off regular prices
Complete the group sales request form online or call the Fox Theatre’s group sales hotline at (404) 881-2000 (open Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm).
* A 20% non-refundable deposit is required at the time your seats are put into an account. Programs, artists, dates, prices and times are subject to change without notice. No refunds or exchanges.
How can you win a pair of tickets from Keystrokes By Kimberly? Follow the below directions.
1. Follow Alvin Ailey on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
2. Follow Decatur Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
3. Follow East Atlanta Macaroni Kid on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
4. Follow Keystrokes By Kimberly on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
5. Send an email to Kimberly@KeystrokesByKimberly.com sharing why you would like to attend.
Winner will be announced on Tuesday, February 13th from the emails received.