Presenting your blog LIVE offline is a key factor to take your blog higher. Let’s face it you have to become visible offline eventually to become a major mover and shaker in the blogging world no matter what your content. So let’s discuss complimentary was of doing so and bring your blog to LIFE with LIVE events. Below is a short list of ways in which this may be done.
1. Host a movie night in your city through Tugg.com. If you select a nonprofit to receive a portion of the proceeds this goes over extremely well. They have hundreds of movies and documentaries to choose from. Think BIG and host Bully for back to school time or Autism for Autism Awareness or something special for a Date Night and work with an area restaurant to offer a combination Dinner & A Movie hosted by YOU!
2. Become an in-kind sponsor of a community event. Offer coverage of their event in exchange for sponsorship. Make your exchange a win win for you and them. What would that be? Well, for starters make sure you have a relevant or much appreciated offer such as social media coverage before, during and after the event. If you have questions please ask them in the comments section below.
3. Get noticed by covering events just because! Yes, just because. Think about it everyone has to start somewhere and you may need to prove you are worth you weight in gold. When you do this they notice and want to know who you are. This can be done very similar to number two above however you do not offer the full package unless you desire.
4. Eventbrite.com and host organizers are your friends! Yes, reach out to them directly and ask if you may cover their event. These events can range from anything and everything which may benefit your target audience.
5. Host a Blogger Meet Up and/or work session in your city. This can be as informal as you like or as formal as you like however make sure they have a theme and are fun! Maybe secure a complimentary location and charge a small fee to cover snacks and drinks or charge $20 or so and present a meal and takeaways.
6. Collaborate with other bloggers to create and host an offline such as a panel or tour. Ex: What are you an expert or seasoned in? Natural hair care, small business, couponing etc…
7. Attending Networking events and stop Netlurking. When you attend networking events becoming a storyteller for yourself and share all the great things of your blog and what you have to offer.
1. List below three events you would like to cover within the next 90 days.
2. List two bloggers you are interested in collaborating with.