1. A non-vintage wine is a blend of wines from two or more years.
2. A vintage wine is a product of a single year’s harvest.
3. California is the fourth-largest wine producer in the world, after France, Italy, and Spain respect.
4. Did you know California, New York, and Florida lead the United States in wine consumption
5. Early Roman women were forbidden to drink wine, and a husband who found his wife drinking was at liberty to kill her.
6. Refrigerators are not satisfactory for storing wine. Even at their warmest setting they are too cold.
7. The vintage year is not always the year wine is bottled. Some wines are not bottled the same year the grapes are picked.
8. The world’s oldest bottle of wine dates back to A.D. 325 and was found near the town of Speyer, Germany, inside one of two Roman sarcophaguses. It is on display at the town’s Historisches Museum der Pfalz.
9. The worst place to store wine is usually in the kitchen because it is typically too warm to store wine safely.
What facts do you have? To learn more about Breathless Moments With Wine Shop at Home please click here.