Welcome to one of the Blogathon Challenges for June 2013. For more information on the Blogathon visit http://www.BiannualBlogathonBash.com.
Yes, I said the social media of it all and I do me all. Social Media wears SO many hats today it is pretty hard to keep up with all the happenings. It seems like as soon as you grasp and master the latest and greatest there is yet another one on the horizon for you. I mean look at the below picture!
We have Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Four Square, Tumblr, Meet Up, Blogger, Bebo, Good Reads, YouTube and more not to mention Vimeo, Google Circles, About Me, LinkedIn, Skype, MySpace (Yeah it is debuting again), Vine and more which are not even listed and this picture was just present about two months ago!
Finding our way through Social Media land and management can be rather interesting however every blog needs to be social and active button along with solid content. So what do I recommend? Well, here it is…
• About Me ~ www.About.Me.com :: Great simple site for any one that gives the basic info. People who do not do a lot on the internet love this as their website. Also, college student and artist embrace it as well to get their careers going. It serves as a resume and speaking tool for them. Surely, worth setting one up.
• Facebook ~ www.Facebook.com :: Need I describe? Lol… The place where people get to constantly view what you allow them to about your life and/or business. Yes, personal and professional. 😉
• Twitter ~ www.Twitter.com :: Home of the 140 or less character stories! It makes you get creative and actually has become a reliable news source depending on who you follow such as AP Press, TMZ and CNN to name few.
• Instagram ~ www.Instragram.com :: My latest love affair. This is actually taking the place of Twitter for millions as they post directly to it and have their Twitter connected. You get to say a little more on Instagram and still get LIKES.
• Pinterest ~ www.Pinterest.com :: A visual persons dream. Here you have boards where you can have GREAT fun posting pictures of things you love.
• Skype ~ www.Skype.com :: This one saves you miles and time when meeting with clients, customers or family. You just log on via your computer, tablet or phone and have a face to face meeting like The Jetson did in that way cool cartoon which we are actually living these days.
• Vimeo ~ www.Vimeo.com :: The BEST thing such running water for self-made videos. Love it! It is so easy to make a good quality video with Vimeo.
• Vine ~ Apple video app :: I do not completely get this however Foodies and DIY people LOVE it. In ten seconds they show the beginning, middle and end. Excellent for a visual blog.
• YouTube and so much more are still out there. Do your research and embrace the ones which best fit you and your blog.
~ Create an About Me page and list your social media avenue links.
Mine are as follows:
• About.me: www.about.me/keystrokesbykimberly
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/-Keystrokes-By-Kimberly-/431014123606768
• Instagram: http:Instagram.com/keystrokesbykimberly
• LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/kimberlywrightinatlanta
• Paper Daily: http://paper.li/KeystrokesByKim/1345563686
• Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/thekimwright
• Skype: KeystrokesByKimberly
• Tumbler: keystrokesbykimberly.tumblr.com
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/keystrokesbykim
• Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/user13353236
• Vine: www.vine.co/keystrokesbykimberly