Welcome to one of the Blogathon Challenges for June 2013. For more information on the Blogathon visit http://www.BiannualBlogathonBash.com.
Let’s talk BRANDING! Branding is more than a buzz word or new trend. Branding is the way in which you define yourself and/or your product. In this case you we are going to look at your blog as the brand.
1. Do you have a personalized domain name?
2. Do you have a customized email?
3. Do you have a Logo and a Tagline?
4. Do you have a personal Hashtag?
5. Is your name/handle the same across all social media?
6. How would you describe your brand in three sentences or less?
Hopefully you answered YES to all six however if you did not let get it done this weekend.
1. A domain name can be obtained for 99 cents this weekend from GoDaddy.com. Just Google 99 cents domain names or click on this link http://www.godaddy.com/deals2/?gclid=CL2W4P7t8bcCFVEV7Aod3GEA7w&isc=gofa2103hf&ef_id=UaVtqQAAAFlAPB2I:20130620050401:s. The importance of a domain name is HUGE because this sends a message that you are invested in your blog.
2. A customized email address makes YOU and YOUR blog even more DYNAMIC. You want to present a professional image and this is crossing the Ts. Do not let go of your AOL, GMAIL or YAHOO address however make it secondary to your domain’s email address. Ex: Kimberly@KeystrokesByKimberly = WINNING vs KeystrokesByKimberky@Gmail.com.
3. Logos are a MUST with blogs. They are an expression of what your blog symbolizes. Want to get fancy with it? Add a tagline. Ex: Mine is A Synergy Lifestyle. Yours may be Developing Your Dreams, A Fashion Blog Beyond Measure etc…
4. Have a signature hashtag. My dear friend Candace Reese of Envision Global has one of my favorites. Her is #TheCEOpundit and # CRchoosesJOY. Remember hashtags should be 20 charters or less. My hashtag for my event planning & design company as well as my travel agency is #Breathless because both company names start with breathless. So give it some thought, make it catchy and keep it simple.
5. Make sure your name/handle is the same across all social media. This can get a little tricky with EVERYONE on social media so do your homework. My name for EVERYTHING is KeystrokesByKimberly and/or KeystrokesByKim depending on the amount of characters allowed.
6. This is an essential key in brand development. Think of a 30 to 45 second elevator pitch about your blog. Now answer the following questions. What is it about? How would you describe it? Who is your target audience? What is its purpose? Really think about this. Now wrap it up into two or three sentences. Four sentences max.
Now give me your elevator pitch below in the comment section and provide your blog link.
Well, now you have the basic introduction to branding your blog foundation. I will get more in depth on specific ways to branding further throughout the next thirty days. Until then, stay connected and let me know if you have any questions about basic branding. Tweet me @KeystrokesByKim or let’s discuss on my Facebook Fan page at www.facebook.com/pages/-Keystrokes-By-Kimberly-/431014123606768. I am a PR Professional of 20+ years would love to assist and hear from you!